Hey there! The August Birchbox arrived in the mailbox today, and I was super excited for this one! Mainly because I cheated and looked online to see what I was getting in my box beforehand. 😉 There was one product that they said that I was getting, which was Miss Jessie’s Original Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo, but alas, that was not to be.
It wasn’t even listed on the card that came inside of the box. Stop playing with my emotions, Birchbox! But really, if’ I’d just looked at the above photo showing what was in the box, I would have known that it wasn’t really going to be in there.*laughs*
1) Schick Hydro Silk Razor (Birchbox Find): I tried it out today. I have to say, I absolutely love this razor. It’s designed to prevent nicks and cuts, and it left my legs feeling extra silky. If there’s one thing that I love, it’s buttery smooth and silky skin. This razor combined with an amazing lotion or body butter? Be prepared for the clouds to part and the angels to sing. 😉
2) Miss Jessie’s Original Creme de la Creme Conditioner: Another love. Now, I know that I sing the praises of Aruba Aloe, and let’s face it, it’ll be a staple in my home for as long as they continue to make it. But I also love to try new products, and I’ve been wanting to try Miss Jessie’s products for years. YEARS. And I was not disappointed by this conditioner. Not at all. I decided to test it out by washing with regular shampoo, followed by the conditioner, and then a good air dry – with no other products applied. I wanted to see how long my hair would feel moisturized without actually using a moisturizer. 9 hours later? My hair does not feel dried out at all, which is always a winner in my book!
3) Miss Jessie’s Original Curly Meringue: I tried this at the nape, because that section is curlier than the rest at the moment. I was worried that it would make my curls crunchy, but I really think that it just depends on how much you put in each section of your hair. Don’t overdo it. My curls are still soft, but defined. Hopefully the results will be consistent. We’ll see what happens down the line.
4) Talika Lipocils Expert: Yes. Yes yes yes. I think that Birchbox reads my mind on occasion, because I’ll think about buying a product, sit on it for a minute, and then it ends up in the next month’s box. Scary stuff, Birchbox…scary stuff. 😀 I’ve been using Rimmel Lash Accelerator (which I also love!) for a month now, but I wanted to try something that you apply directly to the lash line. Enter Talika Lipocils Expert. I will use this until it runs out, and will report back.
5) Sabon Foot Creme: This. Is. Beautiful. Enough said. 🙂
6) Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur: It’s a nice scent, and I’m always a sucker for anything with Gardenia or Jasmine in it. This fragrance has both. 🙂
Again, I love this box! I’ve been a Birchbox subscriber for a year and a half now, and I still believe that the $10 per month is absolutely worth it. If you’re not already subscribed, try it out and let me know how you like it! 🙂