It was a partial project fail, but in that “I can cover it up so no one notices” kind of way. 😉
Modified McCall’s 6319. View C. No lining. I added 1″ to the bodice, but will add 3″ next time as recommended by a few other people who have made this dress. *sighs* I know where I messed up with this dress, and will be doing this one again – the right way. In three different colors. Because I love this dress.
I am so glad that I bought more than one yard of this fabric. 🙂
Pics from cell:
9 thoughts on “New dress…project semi-fail?”
The semi-fail must be somewhere in the back under the blazer. Because I LOVE this, and it looks awesome to me!
LOL! The semi-fail happened when it came time to do the elastic casing. *blank stare* I know what I did wrong, though. Will leave more material for it next time. lol!
Thanks Twinnie! 🙂
Love love love this dress! Great job!
Thank you! (((hugs)))
I’ll be waiting for your line of mens clothing. Just sayin’!
You might be waiting for awhile, Scott. You know how I do. LOL! 😀
I think it looks great. Having sewn most of my life, I don’t visibly see anything wrong with it. Maybe the top of the bodice where the neckline dips could stand light facing for body, but other than that it looks great. Wish I had the figure to wear it. Keep on sewing, girl, you doin’ good!!!
Thank you so much, Diva I! 😉 (((lots of hugs)))